Saturday, January 14, 2012

Molokini, Hawaii

Today is Friday the 13 and the su was out. Yeah. We went for our morning walk with the dog. Today we walked along the beach. It was really nice to walk barefoot in the sand. On the way back up the beach angus showed us how good he is at catching the frisbee. After our walk we went to the recycling center. They get paid for their recycling here. They get paid for cans and bottles. I remember when we used to get money for cans and bottles in Dallas. Then we went to the plant nursery for some new plants for the yard. We came home and changed clothes and went to a little place for lunch and I had a mahi mahi fish sandwich. They ordered noodles and pork and they said it wasn't good.
Yesterday I went on another dive trip. I paid for a dive master to go with me and it was great. I may have gotten over the scary part of getting down under the water. It was good in lots of ways. One she didn't have so much weight on ,e that I felt like I was going to sink like a rock. It was enough tom get under the water and maintain my buoyancy. Two she had assembled all the gear. Three she was calm and easy to talk too. Four she was patient and allowed me time to get comfortable in the water.it seems to be the theme though get comfortable breathing through the respirator and then put your face in the water. It's amazing how blue the water is. We saw yellow fangs, butterfly fish, eels,black cucumbers, she put a prickly creature on my hand. The first time down it was the usual challenge to get my ears to clear. The second dive they cleared easily going down. We saw one fish I hadn't seen before it had a bright purple mouth, grey body and yellow fins. Very colorfu little fellow. I went diving with a company called Ed and Suzzy Robinson. Ed came down to the boat ramp to see us off. There were 7 divers and two dive masters on our boat and the captain. The captain of the boat was from a small town in west Texas. Not Pecos but Coleman near Brownwood.
The stars arbig and bright in Hawaii. They don't have the light pollution that we do. The night sky has been magnificent, from the glorious sunsets to the beautiful full moon and bright stars.
Tonight Martha and I went to a luau called the feast at lele. It's the first luau I have been too since I came to Hawaii with Martha and her parents when we were 15 years old. That was a long time ago. Tonight we had a lotof exotic drinks, and a lot of food. The pork was really good. The coconut drink called a cni chi was quite tasty too. It had vodka in it instead of rum. Tomorrow is my last day here.how will I make it count?

No comments:

Post a Comment